Thursday, February 18, 2010

Our little computer whiz

Grace takes after her Daddy in many ways.  He "works with computers" (not really anymore, but he used to.)  He is very savvy about all things electronic.  And he's a regularly handyman.  He can fix just about anything that is broken.  As a child, he enjoyed taking things apart and would spend hours putting them back together again.  Grace is definitely following in her Daddy's footsteps.
For instance, she saw this old computer and pulled the cover off to look inside.
"Yook, Momma.  It's uh bat-ur-ly."  (Look, Momma.  It's a battery.)
"Dare's uh fan."  (There's a fan.)
"Oh, no!  Duh stings all tane-gulled."  (Oh, no!  The strings are all tangled!)
"Doan worry.  I fix it."  (Don't worry.  I'll fix it.)
Hmmm.  This may be a little more difficult that she originally thought.
This, she gets from me.  Help!  I'm in over my head! What do I do now?
And then the David in her comes back out.  She is re-energized and focused and is very determined to put the computer back together again.
And just like her Daddy, she is successful.

Disclaimer:  This computer has been broken beyond repair for many, many years.  We've been meaning to throw it out for a long time.  However, I discovered it in one of the boxes that I unpacked this week, and I put it on the floor with the intentions of taking it to the garage when Grace found it.  Since it was already broken and not plugged in, I decided there was no harm in her playing with it as long as she had adult supervision.  Eventually we will dispose of it.  In the meantime, it's her new favorite toy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...