Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Perseverance, the secret of all triumphs

I heard some loud noises outside this morning only to find the sidewalk in front of our house being repaired.  How exciting!  I couldn't wait to take the kids out and put some little hand prints in the fresh cement.  Apparently, the workers anticipated my actions.  And they were prepared and determined to prevent it.
Because they lazed around waiting and watching the concrete dry.  All in order to prevent someone like me from writing in the cement.  So those workers watched me watch them watch it dry.  I wonder who is more determined?  Finally, after about 2 hours they loaded up and left.  

Then this tenacious Momma may have rushed out the door with all three kids and one dog in tow.  And while the concrete might have technically been already set, I may have managed to smush a few tiny prints in it after all...

"Perseverance, the secret of all triumphs."  Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...