Friday, August 13, 2010

A princess dress for Grace

The girls and I were itching to get out of the house today so we went shopping at some of the local children's consignment shops.  At the last shop, Grace saw this dress, grabbed it off the rack, and ran over to me with the biggest smile on face and said, "Yook, Momma, it's a pin-suss dess!  It's bew-full!"  (Look, Momma, it's a princess dress!  It's beautiful!)
Then she asked, "Tan I put it own?" (Can I put it on?) It's so rare for her to ask for something while we're shopping and she asked so sweetly that I just couldn't resist. So we bought it even though it's a size 7 and she wears a 4T.
And Grace looks so darling in it!
I put Grace on our table so she could see herself in a full length mirror.
And she twirled her little dress around.
And twirled around all the while grinning in the mirror.
"Yook at me, Momma!  I uh bew-ful pin-suss!"  (Look at me, Momma!  I'm a beautiful princess!)
Pink dress or not, she'll always be our little princess.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...