Monday, August 30, 2010

A sick puppy

Poor Chloe.  She's sick.  We came home from church yesterday and saw bloody urine on the tile floor. 
So I called the vet and he said she has a urinary tract infection.  I took her in to see him this morning and he confirmed that she has a UTI.  He gave her a shot and me a bottle of liquid antibiotics to give to Chloe 3 times a day.  The vet said her infection was caused by her licking her hiney.  That's my fault because the last time I cut her hair, I practically shaved her bottom and it apparently itched thus leading to her constantly licking her bottom.  Apparently Chloe's "vulva" never fully dropped like most adult female dogs hence making her more prone to urinary tract infections.  The solution?  We need to wipe her bottom after she goes tinkle to keep it nice and dry.  Oh, and we shouldn't let her lick her bottom.  Unless we're willing to dry it afterwards. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so me having to extract Mag's Anal Gland's isn't looking so bad now. I only have to do that once every so many weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...