Monday, April 20, 2009

Blue Screen of Death - Part 2

So I finally called HP technical support once again hoping to finally resolve these annoying error messages and be able to use our computer on a regular basis. To my surprise, after a lengthy discussion of the issues we've been having, HP sent us system recovery disks overnight via UPS. Surely this would correct the problem once and for all.

Of course, I was in Alabama visiting my family and David was in Africa when the cd's arrived. No fault of HP's, of course, I just neglected to tell them I wasn't at home when they offered to send the disks. Luckily, our kind neighbors held them for us until we arrived home the next week.

Once at home, I waited a couple of days before tackling the daunting task before us. Finally, the time had come. Should I call or go at it by myself? I'm sure you guessed the correct answer, why trouble any one else if I can fix this by myself? How difficult could it really be? Those were the questions barrelling through my head while I inserted the first disk. I should have known better.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I started receiving errors immediately. I called HP and after another 4 hours on the phone we finally resolved the issue (supposedly). I'm still unsure what the issue WAS but since the computer seems to be functioning correctly, I'm happy enough. I send my everlasting gratitude to my dear technical support buddies. And if it starts causing more mischief in the future, I still have 103 photos of different error messages to email my new friends at HP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...