Monday, April 13, 2009

Blushing Baby Grace

When I stopped by the nursery to retrieve Grace after the Easter service, the lady in charge told her she had to clean up her space before she could leave. She had been eating little "gold fishies" out of a coffee filter (very creative idea, by the way) and was halfway across the room to me when the orders were given.


Much to my surprise, Grace looked at me and her entire face turned bright RED! She was blushing! Grace just stood in the middle of the room somewhat indecisively (I think she's terrified in the new age group since she's much younger than the others) until I came inside. Then she tried to grab the remaining "fishies" in one hand to put in a small cup to take with us. After that, she put the coffee filter in the toy basket (which was beside the trash can). The nursery lady immediately corrected her and Grace blushed AGAIN!. She finally got it right and then we turned to leave. Once she was in my arms, she turned back into her typical outgoing self and said "Bye-bye now" several times while waving. To see her so intimidated was quite comical and to see her blush for the first time was so sweet. If only I had remembered to take that picture...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I am still playing around. I have in my head what I am going for but haven't figured out how to make it happen yet! Sorry I had to run last night! Didn't mean to cut things short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Poor Grace... I wish I could have seen it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...