Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello Blogging World!

I am starting this blog because I want to do a better job of documenting our little girl's life. Since I am more likely to glue my fingers together or staple my hand to the paper than to successfully use all those strange tools with "normal" scrapbooking activities, I thought I'd try the blogging thing.

I was born and raised in Alabama and I married my true love and college neighbor, David, in September 2006. He is an incredibly talented and compassionate man, stellar father, and all around gorgeous hunk. He's a keeper and he holds my heart in his hands.

In September 2007 I became Mommy to the best little girl in the world and my other true love, Grace. She is beautiful, incredibly sweet and wildly entertaining (and sometimes just plain wild).

I obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at Auburn University (WAR EAGLE!) and after graduation this Southern gal was transplanted to the Midwest. I worked in client services full-time while in college and then in December 2007 I mercifully retired after 10 years of service to the same company. Since then I have spent my time adjusting to being a stay-at-home mommy and trying to limit myself to 1 Diet Coke a day.

Now we are in the process of moving back to Sweet Home Alabama.

I am a homebody by nature and thankfully my husband is wonderfully supportive of this and allows me to live my life this way. I love to read although I can sometimes be something of a book snob. I am a hopelessly sentimental romantic at heart. I love vintage photographs and vintage linens. Oh, and I can cook. I really enjoy serving up a little "love" in the kitchen.

While oftentimes I'm more klutzy than charming, I am trying to live the life of a domestic goddess with some semblance of grace and dignity. In those few moments between mountains of laundry, I also manage to write, take tons of pictures, and attempt to chronicle this incredible and often hilarious journey I’m on. Thank you for allowing me to share it with you!

3 comments:

  1. How come I have to follow to link to your comment to find out you finally did set up a blog! Best Friends huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I have fussed at you I will read the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read more! Woo Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...