Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dunnam family Christmas party

This year we had the annual Dunnam family Christmas party in Monroeville.
We decorated the church fellowship hall for Christmas.
We even hung snowflakes from the ceiling.
We transformed my wedding centerpieces with a Christmas theme using small wreaths and red candles.
Grace helped me make these adorable party favors.  And she helped put them out at each place setting. 
Yes, we used plastic plates to eat off of.  Real dishes would have been a nightmare to wash.  Although we did use china and crystal serving dishes.
We even had a candy snack bar at the front of the room.
With color coordinated candy M&Ms, peppermints, and Kit Kat bars to name a few.
We also placed Nanna's tablecloth on the table.
As everyone arrived, they signed the tablecloth.  I love that tradition!  It's neat to look back at it each year and remember each Christmas party and everyone present.
We also ended up putting little appetizers there, too. 
Then we put all the food on the big table.
A honey baked ham.
Turkey.  And dressing.
Chicken dumplings.
Several different casseroles.
And corn salad.
Lima beans.
And sweet potato mashup.
Cornbread and rolls.
And desserts galore!
Cakes
And my reindeer cupcakes that Grace helped decorate.
Even a big Christmas cake.
We had plenty of time to socialize.
And meet family we've never met before.  This was Faith's first time to meet my cousin Matthew.  Actually, it was her first time to meet everyone except for my parents and Nanna and Gran.  Oh, and Uncle Randy, Aunt Sheila, and Justin.  She met them at Thanksgiving.  But this was her first time for everyone else.  I think.
Anyway, here's my Aunt Tracy and Todd.  How sweet and romantic are they?  I think David and I should wear matching shirts next year!
Here's Lance meeting Faith.  He really wants a little brother or sister.
Group hug!
Grace and Avery really hit it off well.
This is my cousin-in-law, Crystal.  She's Lance's momma.
And here's Gran chatting with Kevin and Lynn.
Here's Kim, Matthew's wife giving Avery, her oldest daughter, a snack.  Actually, I think Avery is eating a snack and Kim is cleaning up from one.  Gotta love those Tide pens!
There's my handsome hubby and my cute little brother along with my Aunt Sheila, Uncle Terry, and cousin Timothy.  They all look hungry!
And here is my not-so-little cousin, Justin.  Justin just turned 21 yesterday.  Happy Birthday!
Soon it was time to eat!
Gran said a beautiful blessing over our meal.
Then the kids sat at their little table together.
And we finally got to eat.  You see Seth starting the line, don't you.  I told you he was hungry!
Look at David's face and you can see just how delicious the food was...
 Here is Faith, Hope, and Charity.  I'm really showing my Christmas spirit.
 After a while the grandmomma's held their grandbabies.  Faith is really going to think that Queenie has something wrong with her head.  Everytime she sees my mother, my mom has some silly thing on.  I admit it's usually me that puts it on her head.  Or Grace.  But Faith doesn't know that...
 Here's my Aunt Diane with her grandbaby, Mattie.  Isn't she precious?
 The older kids decided to hang out together.
 I think they were taking a break from all their fun.
 I thought they were going nap together, too, but of course they didn't.
 It didn't take them long to find the piano.
 And they played us some music and sang along to their own rhythm and melodies.
 After a while, Avery and Grace found the drum set.
 They really got into banging those drums.
 They were just like little rock stars.
 They banged on those drums and jumped up and down yelling, "Woo!  Woo!"  Like I said, they were little rock stars.  Just as loud as ones, anyway.
Soon afterwards, it was time to play Dirty Santa.
 While Aunt Di passed the wreath around to give out numbers
 Uncle Terry got a special present from Lance.  Apparently, Uncle Terry taught Lance how to spit so he got a bag full of switches!
 Then the kids were ready for their presents!
 Each grandchild got a present from their grandparents.
 Lance really tore into his present.
 So did Avery.
 Then Gran started off Dirty Santa since he was number 1.  He opened some Axe hair stuff.  It was later stolen.
 Next, Matthew opened a toy that all the kids wanted.
 Nanna opened an Auburn apron set.  That was a really hot item.
 Hope stole it from Nanna.
 Then David stole a set of gold quarters.
 Timothy opened a set of Dr. Seuss books.
 And his fiance, Emily (they're getting married in June), stole Hope's Auburn apron set and got to keep it since she was the third possessor.  Hope's still talking about that. 
 Uncle Randy ended up with a camo Snuggie.  Man, I wish I had invented the Snuggie!
 Uncle Terry played dress up.  Didn't you know that he's a Christmas ninja?
Then Uncle Randy inspected the bottle of Jack Daniels.  And yes, it was real whiskey.  Guess who ended up with that?
Me!  I actually ended up with it.  Then it was time for Nanna and Gran to open their presents.  By the way, I gave the Jack to Nanna so she could make some honky mint.  But she thinks the bottle is too pretty to open...
 Meanwhile, I went in search of my girls.  I found Grace taking a break under the table.
And Faith was gnawing on Aunt Tracy's chin.  Seriously, Aunt Tracy has a chin that babies tend to love. 
 Then Grace went in search of Avery.  Grace really loves Avery.
 Those two were pretty much inseparable.
 And they had the best time running around playing together.
 Mattie and Faith hit it off well, too.
 They're just 2 months apart in age.
 Then it was time to take a big family picture.
 I snapped a few practic pictures before setting the timer and running down to join the group.
 That turned out to be harder than I anticipated.  I didn't make it in for the first picture. 
Climbing down 5 steps and then running across to the group before sitting down all in less than 6 seconds is harder than you might think.
 See what I mean?
 So David took over and did it.  He just jumped off the deck and ran.  He made it every time.
 Then Kevin and Lynn said their goodbyes.
 And we opened up the sparklers.  My family LOVES sparklers.  Adults and kids.
 Even the littlest kids know that sparklers are the best kind of firework.
Grace was somewhat cautious with hers.  She gets that from her Daddy. 
 Lance knew just what to do.
 His face lit up just like that sparkler.
 He really is a darling little boy.
 And smiles so sweetly.
 Avery likes sparklers, too.
 But she wasn't too impressed with them.
She's used to bigger fires.  She and her granddaddy almost accidentally burned their house down.  More than once.  That firebug trait really runs in my family.  I think it must be hereditary.  Everyone in my family is loves fire and fireworks - from the tiniest toddler to the oldest adult.  I still remember those bottle rocket wars when I was younger.  The goal of the game was to see how many people you could hit...  Aah, the good old days...
 Afterwards the kids played inside some more.
 They really wore themselves out.
 And the adults socialized some more before we all finally headed home.
This year's family Christmas party was wonderful and we can't wait until next year's party.  And like all Dunnam family get-togethers we had a blast.  Literally.  Think about it and if you know my family at all, you will understand.

Those in attendance are as follows.  From left to right. 
Back row:  Timothy, Emily, Ivan, Justin, Kevin, Lynn, Hope, Seth, Laura, Kerry.
Seated:  Terry holding Mattie, Diane holding Avery, Randy, Sheila, Gran, Nanna, Freddie, Donna holding Faith, Todd holding Lance, Tracy
On the ground:  Matthew, Kim, me (Charity) holding Grace, David, Crystal, Derick

Merry Christmas y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...