Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ida sneaked in

We were prepared for a hurricane and then barely noticed Ida when she came in as a tropical storm.  In fact, I slept through most of it last night.  The wind never seemed to get too strong and while it rained a lot, it didn't seem worse than any other summer storm.


Until I walked out to the pier.

There Ida proved to be a bit feisty.
The wind was blowing so hard I could barely hold onto the umbrella while taking my pictures.  And I kept getting slapped by the bamboo.  Oh, and I nearly slipped thanks to some pretty big gusts of wind and a wet walkway.


The water level was definitely up - I'd say maybe 3-4 feet, but we didn't have any real flooding.  Thank goodness!  The movers were supposed to deliver our furniture today but decided to wait until tomorrow.  I'm so glad our garage didn't flood because that's where most of our stuff is going until we can sort through it all and decide what to keep and what to give away.
 
Meanwhile, Grace and Chloe enjoyed playing in the rain.

Then we all headed back inside to warm up and watch as Ida passed us by.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know of everything you are giving away before it gets to a Goodwill! I need some stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...