Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wasabi almonds - hot! Hot! HOT!

David likes hot things.  He especially likes wasabi.  He also likes to see me cry.   
(Um, not really, but after this I can't help but wonder.)

But David did convince me to try these wasabi soy almonds.  His comment was "It's not that hot.  Really."

I must have lost my mind for a day.  Because I tried ONE. 

And immediately, I regretted it.  It was hot.  Scorching, scalding, blazing HOT!

My tongue was roasting in my mouth.  I'm certain blisters were forming.  I was going to have third degree burns - on my TONGUE!

Then I swallowed.  And my insides were on fire.  My esophagus was melting.  And my stomach, my poor stomach, was forever seared.  Ulcers were forming.  Everything was burning and on fire.  Even my eyeballs turned red. 

Milk.  Sweet, cold, WET milk!   It eventually took the worst of the bite away.  Slowly the fire was put out.

And I was finally able to breathe again.  Lesson learned.  Never eat wasabi almonds again.  Or anything wasabi.  And never EVER believe David if he says "It's not that hot."  Yeah, right.  Somebody's pants should be on fire instead of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...