Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Faith's first visit to the doctor

Today Faith had her first visit to her pediatrician.
The nurse weighed her.  I was shocked to see that she weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces.
When she came home from the hospital on Thursday she weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces.  But my milk came in strongly that same day and Faith has been nursing ever since.
Then the nurse measured Faith's height.  She's grown 1/4 of an inch and is now 21 1/4 inches long.
They also measured her head circumference.
And listened to her heartbeat.
Faith's pediatrician told us that Faith is doing extremely well.  There is no hint of jaundice and she's growing exceptionally well.  She also told us that most breastfed babies are at their lowest weight around 1 week old.  I think she was pretty surprised to see Faith gain so much weight in such a short amount of time and I think we shocked her when we told her that I was producing an extra 30 ounces of milk each day.  I'm sure my milk production will eventually level off (at least I hope so but in the meantime I'm enjoying burning all those extra calories!) 

Faith goes back next week on Tuesday August 3 for her 2 week checkup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...