Monday, July 19, 2010

A monster kicked Grace

Grace has been sleeping on a pallet on the floor in our bedroom since we have company in town.  This morning she climbed into the bed with me and David and had an interesting conversation with us.  It went like this:

"You member duh monstur was tay-sing me?"  (Do you remember that the monster was chasing me?)
A monster was chasing you?
"Yeah.  White.  Duh monstur tased me."  (Yeah.  Right.  The monster chased me.)
What kind of monster was it?
"Duh monstur yikes to eat soww-wed."  (The monster likes to eat salad.)
The monster that chased you likes to eat salad?
"Yeah.  Dat monstur kicked me! See?"  (Yeah.  That monster kicked me!  See?)
And then she pointed to her shin where she's got a bruise yesterday.

David and I figure Grace dreamed about a salad eating monster chasing her around the house trying to make her eat a spinach salad and he must have finally kicked her in the shin when she refused.  What a great imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...