Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's a girl!

We headed to the hospital early, early this morning.  4:30am early.
We arrived a little after 5:00am and checked in.  At 6:45am the nurses started my induction!
At just after 10:00am I was fully dilated and ready to push but we had to wait for my doctor's arrival. 
My nurse called him twice and told him to hurry because I was already crowning and we were going to have a baby with or without him.  My doctor arrived soon and we were ready to push!
Here's a video of the delivery.
It only took a couple of pushes and our sweet baby was born at 10:31am.
It's a girl!
They plopped her on my belly.  She wasn't nearly as goopy or bloody as Grace.
Then David cut her cord.
Baby cried and cried through it all.  In fact, she started crying before she was fully out!
Then the nurse took her to the heat lamp to warm her up.
There she received the first of her bracelets.
And got her feet stamped.
Then they bundled her up.
And gave her to her Daddy.
And then I got to hold her.  She is so beautiful.
Before long the nurse took baby to the nursery to give her a bath.
Grace, Stephen, and Mammee watched from the window.
I think Grace was pretty excited.
I'm not so sure Baby enjoyed getting soaped up and cleaned off.
Soon she was brought back to us.
I held her and took in every tiny detail.
And David took a small nap.
Then we all celebrated the newest addition to our family.
Eventually David left the hospital and went home.  This was the sunset.  Today was long and somewhat exhausting but so exhilarating.  It was the perfect day to have our newest member, Faith Helen Cathey, join our family.  She was born on July 20, 2010 at 10:31 am.  She weighed 8 pounds even and was 21 inches long.  Happy birthday and welcome to the world sweet baby girl!  We are so happy that you are finally here and we already love you more than our hearts can hold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...