Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

Thanksgiving is a time to pause for a moment and thank God for all his many, many blessings.

I am so thankful for my family.  My immediate family and my extended family.  And the family I married in to who treats as one of their own. 

I am thankful for my husband.  He provides me joy, safety, adventure, support, challenge, understanding, patience and most importantly, love.  He is a Godly example for our children.  He is the most wonderful and amazing person I know.  Words cannot describe how highly I think of him, how much I love him, and how grateful I am for God bringing him into my life.

I am thankful for my children.  They are each beautiful and special in their own right.  Grace is so sweet and compassionate towards everyone.  Faith has a joyful heart and silly nature.  And Benjamin is growing into a strong and determined man just like his father.

I thankful David's career.  His job provides so well for us.  It allows me to stay home with our children while giving us financial security.  With his job we are able to pay all the bills, afford some extravagances, and still save for our future. 

I am thankful for our home.  It is beautiful and more than I ever dreamed of having.  It's more than just a roof over our heads, it is our home.  The place we enjoy our meals together at the dinner table.  It is the place we make some of the best memories.  Already it is full wonderful treasures:  Grace learned to swim in the pool in our backyard.  Faith learned to ride a tricycle in our driveway.  Benjamin was brought home from the hospital to this house.  We reside in a safe neighborhood with so many wonderful amenities and incredibly nice neighbors.

I am thankful for our boat.  We have really enjoyed it this year.  Every chance possible we take it out and go up the river, out to the bay, to a small beach, and even all the way to Gulf Shores.  We've gone fishing, tubing, water skiing, and we've even seen dolphins.  We've made some really incredible memories on it this year..

I am thankful for the school Grace attends.  The teachers here are amazing.   Alabama gets a bad rap for their schools but I have been completely blown away with what all she has learned at such an early age.  She was reading entire books independently by the end of kindergarten.  She's learning how to multiply numbers and diagram sentences in first grade.   And all the kindergartners and 1st graders have iPads.  Second graders and above have MacBooks.  Starting in January all kids will start learning a foreign language (we pick from 25 different languages) using Rosetta Stone.  Amazing.

I am thankful for our community.  It is a small family oriented town with conservative values.  Things go at a slower pace here because everyone takes the time to get to know each other.  It's a place where people know you and greet you by name.  And they ask how your family is doing and what your plans are for the holidays - not to just be polite but because they are sincerely interested. 

I am thankful for our church where we can worship together as a family and enjoy Christian fellowship. 

I am thankful  for our nation and all the freedoms we have.  I am thankful for the men and women who fight to protect those freedoms.  We are so blessed here that sometimes it's easy to forget that not all countries are as fortunate as we are.

We truly are blessed beyond measure and for that I am forever thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...