Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Playhouse sandbox

We finally did it.  We finished the sandbox!
My parents brought the playhouse we stored at their house while we lived in the condo.
We gave it a fresh coat of stain and matched the sandbox to it.
Then we loaded it up with 900 pounds of sand - 18 fifty pound bags full. I'll admit that I may have gone slightly overboard, but the beach is my favorite place in the world and I'm trying to bring a little bit of it to our house.  And yes, I plan on digging in the sand, too.  There's nothing better than rubbing my feet in the sand and relaxing and then taking a dip in the pool to cool off.  My idea of paradise. 
And I must say that I am thrilled with the way it turned out.
As are the children.
I see many, many days of our future covered in sand...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...