Monday, May 11, 2009

Marriott in Mobile

Once I finally arrrived in Mobile after the exploding tire fiasco (Grace stayed at my mom's for the remainder of the week) I went straight to our room at the Marriott on Airport Boulevard. Oh boy!

I got all giddy thinking about staying at the Marriott. What a treat! A whole week just me and my dear hubby. I'm thinking romance in a mah-va-lous (Southern for marvelous) hotel.


This is our room. Pretty nice, huh? Except for the lacking mini-fridge. What kind of hotel doesn't have a mini-fridge nowadays? Oh well. No biggy. Just won't get the doggy bag full of leftovers at all of our romantic dinners. Just have to go out or order in breakfast. Work's paying for our meals anyway as part of our moving package. Just got to save those receipts.

So I decided to whip out the laptop and get caught up on all my blogging. Hmmm. Where's the internet? I have to call the front desk to use the wireless. No big deal. Probably want to keep the freeloaders away. Not. They expect everyone to PAY to use their wireless. $9.99 for 12 hours of useage. And the 12 hours starts as soon as you get the temporary password. What!?!? You heard me, $9.99 for every 12 hours of Internet. Crazy! Especially since there's a Starbucks on every corner offering free internet to whomever. Needless to say, that's why it took me over a week to start updating my blog. Work may be paying for our trip, but I just couldn't bring myself to say "okay, charge it." It would be supporting and encouraging the madness!

Then, I checked out the room service menu. $13.50 for a cheeseburger. $15 bucks for breakfast WITHOUT MEAT! And room service breakfast at this particular Marriott is the only breakfast available because, and I quote, "the occupancy level isn't sufficient enough to provide the full-service buffet." Really? Oh, and they wanted $5.50 for COFFEE! That's more expensive than my venti caramel macchiato at Starbucks!

I guess staying at such a fancy hotel comes at a price. An expensive one. Good thing I stocked up on sample sized shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower caps, and soap. And maybe an extra hand towel or two.


Next time, I think we'll stay at the Holiday Inn...unless Starbucks would be willing to offer me a room...

1 comment:

  1. The Marriott in Omaha is the same way, no internet and I don't think they had a breakfast either.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...