Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Playing in the Rain

So it rained all day long today which means that we were cooped up inside ALL DAY LONG. Until I couldn't take the "peas, peas, pease" and the "out! out! out!" any more. So I let Grace outside thinking she would hate the rain and want to come back inside immediately. Plus she kept calling it "SNOW" which really made me feel bad since the poor girl didn't know the difference between "snow" and "rain." So out we went.
She took one of here "babies" outside with her. At first, she wasn't too sure about the rain.

She kept looking over her shoulder like "Is Mommy really going to let me play out here? Any minute she's going to change her mind and make me come inside."
.
So she decided to make the most of her momentary freedom. She splashed and splashed!
.
And laughed and laughed and laughed. She had so much fun it made me feel somewhat bad for making her come back inside. However, I did not enjoy the rain nearly as much as she seemed to.

But she had fun playing in the rain and I had fun watching her. So for the next storm, we're going to put on her rain jacket that her Aunt Hope bought her and some galoshes (if I can find any in her size) and we'll stay out for as long as she wants. Even if that means her Mommy has to get wet, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...