Sunday, June 14, 2009

Adults, don't try this at home...or at the beach

Skinboarding. It looks so easy. Especially if you know the person who's doing it.Like my little brother, Seth. Even Grace thought it was pretty simple.Her Uncle Seth helped her and away she went.
She was so confident in her abilities after her lesson, she practiced on her sand sifter so next time she could go at it alone.So I thought, why not?
.
Seth can do it and even Grace can do it (with some help).
.
So what did I do?
.
I did the stupid - I tried skinboarding.
.
You might ask what happened.
.
I ate sand.
Lots and lots of sand.
And I fell so hard I thought I broke my leg.
.
I remember thinking mid-flight "This is going to really hurt."
.
And then once I hit I thought "Yep, this really hurts. I wonder if I broke my leg."
.
I sat there in the sand staring at the ocean for a full 60 seconds taking inventory before I was brave enough to look.
.
And this is what I saw...

My leg. Bleeding. And swollen. And already turning purple.
.
It was such a bad fall that Grace came running over yelling "Mommy, Mommy!" but all anyone else did was laugh.
.
BUT that's not the worst part.
.
It was all caught on video by my dear husband.
.
Ouch.

1 comment:

  1. Last time I tried that I jacked up my back, again. So don't worry it's something I'll never be trying again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...