Friday, June 5, 2009

Update on the house

It's been a while since I lasted posted on my Home Sweet Home blog so I thought I'd give everyone an update. Yes, our house is still for sale. No, we haven't found THE buyer yet, but we are still hopeful. To date, we have had two offers. The first was ridiculously low. So low, in fact, I thought they made a mistake when they called us. The second offer was somewhat better but there's a real estate agent involved who wants a $7,000 commission. Hmmm. If we threw out his commission, we could probably come to some type of arrangement. Alas, the bloodsucking vampire wants his money, so we haven't accepted it either. There is hope though. We are having another open house yet again this Sunday afternoon. Maybe it will bring the future owners of our home. The third time's the charm, right? I certainly hope so.

In the meantime the search is still on for our next home. David has diligently been searching in Spanish Fort and Daphne. Just yesterday, he perused a foreclosure that had been high on our list (until he saw the interior, that is). Unfortunately, it has massive, and I mean MASSIVE, water and mold damage so we quickly crossed it off.

I don't think he's found "THE ONE" for us, yet. A few weeks ago, we saw a foreclosure together that we both really loved. It was a little rough around the edges and needed some work, but it was a diamond in the making. Too bad someone else snatched it first.

Now we are considering a condo in the Gulf Shores area. There are a lot of beachfront foreclosures around $150,000 that we think could be a great investment. Maybe we'll buy one of those so Grace and I can move on down and be with David. Then once we sell our Omaha home, we can purchase something on the east coast of Mobile Bay and then turn the condo into a rental. The biggest problem with that is David would have an hour commute one way to work. Ugh.

I guess we'll just have to trust that everything will work out as it's supposed to. In the meantime, please keep us in your prayers as David is down South and Grace and I are in Omaha. We miss him dearly and know he misses us, too.

1 comment:

  1. And when should I arrive at this condo? I don't even need a bed I come with my own sir mattress! I just need sun and water....kind of like a plant! I will come every other weekend and not every weekend you won't even notice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...