Monday, January 3, 2011

Where's Grace?

Grace was really quiet and I hadn't heard her in a while so I decided to check on her.
I went into Grace's room but didn't see her.  I called for her and she didn't answer.  She wasn't in her closet or under the bed.  And I started to worry.
Then I noticed a lump on her bed.
 And there she was.  Sound asleep under the covers.  Sleeping like an angel.  A sparkly angel.
 Notice the empty bottles of glitter.
 And the way her sheets glisten so softly in the light.
 About an hour later Grace came strolling out of her room. 
With a little more lipstick and glitter on her face. 
And all she said was, "Don't I yook bew-ful, Momma?  Dust yike you." 
(Don't I look beautiful, Momma?  Just like you.) 
When I asked her what happened to her bed, she simply replied,
"I made it spar-cully.  I yub my bed to be spar-cully!" 
(I made it sparkly.  I love my bed to be sparkly!)
I have a feeling that before long all our clothes and linens will be sparkly, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...