Sunday, November 18, 2012

Benjamin baptized

Today is a very special day.
Benjamin will be baptized today!
I'm very excited to have our youngest baptized.
Both of the girls were baptized around their first birthday so both sides of our family could be together.
But Thanksgiving week worked out well.  And having Benjamin baptized is one more thing I am thankful for this year. 
David's dad and my dad both took part in the sacrament.
Benjamin was entertained playing with his Daddy's pocket.
Then we were called up front for our vows. 
After which Pappy baptized Benjamin.
Then Granddaddy Freddie said a prayer.
And we sat down and soon took the younger children to the nursery.
I am so grateful that both of Benjamin's grandfathers were able to take part in the sacrament today. 
David and I take our vows very seriously.  We know that our children need Christ and we promised to pray for them, to be a godly example, to teach and raise them in the nuture and admonition of the Lord so that one day they will make their own profession to follow Christ as well.  That is what is most important.  Regardless of whether they grow up to be doctors or lawyers or stay-at-home moms, I pray and trust that each of my children will grow up and become true believers in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...