Friday, August 12, 2011

Letting Priscilla go

This morning I woke up and checked on Priscilla before getting Grace out of bed.  I had to check to make sure her Show and Tell was still breathing.  For some reason, I was a bit paranoid about that frog.  I worried about it most of the night, thinking things like what I was going to do if that Priscilla croaked in the middle of the night.  Fortunately, she was fine.
Although I was a little weirded out by her just staring at herself in the mirror on our buffet.  But what do I know about frogs and their vanity.
Grace was very excited to see Priscilla this morning.  She couldn't wait to take her to Show and Tell with all her school friends.  Her teacher told me Grace's frog was a real hit at school today.  Grace just told me "It was good.  My friends like Puhsilla." 
And when we got home from school, Grace was okay with setting Priscilla free.  It was so cute watching her talk to her frog.  She said, "Okay Puhsilla.  We're going to let you go back home to your family.  Okay?  We'll miss you!"
Then Grace tried to dump Priscilla out of the jar, but that frog clung on for dear life!  Eventually Grace shook her hard enough that she came tumbling out.
Then Grace gave her a sweet, heartfelt rub on Priscilla's back as she said goodbye.
I think that Priscillas was somewhat sad to leave us.
Then again, maybe not.
Regardless of how that frog felt, I sure was glad to see her hop away.
Then Grace exclaimed, "Look, Momma!  Look what I just found!"
"It's a baby Puhsilla!  Can I keep her?" 
And I just didn't have the heart to say "No."  So instead I said, "Just for a little while.  Okay?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...