Sunday, January 31, 2010

Feeling better

Grace managed to sleep for 7 hours or so on the couch last night.  Thankfully, she didn't throw up any more.  When she woke up this morning, the first thing she said was, "I feel beh-er, Momma."  (I feel better, Momma.)  Thank goodness!

Then she said, "I froed up on my bed."  (I throwed up on my bed.)  Yes, you sure did.  I told her she threw up on Momma and Daddy's bed, too.  And she said, "I froed up on Dad-ee's arm.  I froed up on da door."  (I throwed up on Daddy's arm.  I throwed up on the door.)  Yes, she did.  I asked her if she remembered throwing up on my face.  And she said, "I froed up on your face?  I sohr-ee, Momma."  (I throwed up on your face?  I'm sorry, Momma.)  Then she looked down beside the couch and saw the big bin and said, "I froed up in my buteck"  (I throwed up in my bucket.)  Yep. 

Then she said, "I not froe up eeny more.  I hun-dee!"  (I won't throw up any more.  I'm hungry!)  So I made banana pancakes for breakfast.  We gave her more gatorade to drink.  And she was right.  She didn't throw up any more.  In fact, she acted like she never did.  She was full of energy and wanting to play.  We really think that it was the pad thai she ate.  David's stomach bothered him, too, but I was fine.  So maybe it really was the food. 

Since she was feeling better with no fever, poopy pants, tummy aches, etc. we decided to let her go to her friend, Caroline's 2nd birthday party. 
Grace was very excited about the birthday party!

As we left the neighborhood, the present started to slide across the seat.  So Grace grabbed the handle and held on to it for all 45 minutes of the drive.
Even after she fell asleep, she kept hanging on!

At the party, Grace had a lot of fun.  There were lots of other kids for her to play with.  And she loved the cake!  Then she played outside on the swingset with some of the other children while the parents gathered around a bonfire.  We had a great time mingling with everyone and we hope to do it again sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...