Friday, January 29, 2010

Sprinkles after school

I woke Grace up this morning to get ready to go to school, but she just wanted to go back to sleep!  She kept saying "I seepy, Momma.  Doe back tuh bed.  Tose your eyes!"  (I'm sleepy, Momma.  Go back to bed.  Close your eyes!)  I told her she needed to get up so she could go to school.  Her response was, "I dun wanna doe to stool!  I need a nap!"  (I don't want to go to school!  I need a nap!)  I couldn't believe it.  She throws a HUGE fit when it's naptime and now all she wants to do is go back to sleep.   She even voluntarily used the word "nap."  Unbelievable

So I bribed her.  I told her that she could help me bake some baby cakes when she got home from school.  And it worked like a charm.  She said, "Oh-tay.  I help you mate bee-bee tates."  (Okay.  I help you make baby cakes.)  Baby cakes = cupcakes. 

So Grace hopped out of bed and headed straight for the kitchen to start baking.  After explaining that we had to wait until after school to bake, I finally got her to cooperate and get dressed.  We had a quick breakfast, brushed her teeth, and headed to school.  As soon as we walked in the door, she informed her teacher, "I help Momma mate bee-bee tates today."  (I help Momma make baby cakes today.)  And off she went to "work."

As I was leaving another parent came in with his son.  His son is in Grace's class and was climbing like a monkey all over his dad.  He was also screeching like a hyena.  He did not want to go to school at all.  After the dad manhandled him to the floor and escaped through the door, I saw Grace walk over to the little boy and say, "Dawn tie.  It's oh-tay."  (Don't cry.  It's okay.)  Unfortunately, the poor kid couldn't be comforted so Grace eventually left him and went back to work.  She looked like she was about to cry, too, though.

Finally I left.  When I picked her up from school, Grace said she had a lot of fun.  They got to play outside at the playground.  And she colored a dinosaur "peent and purpeel" (pink and purple).  And she told me that the little boy cried all day.  As we walked inside, she said, "We mate bee-bee takes, Momma!" (We make baby cakes, Momma!)  And so we did.

We I had an extra special treat for the cupcakes today.  Sprinkles!
Grace selected pink sprinkles for her cupcake.  No surprise there.
She was very meticulous with her sprinkles.
It was the prettiest baby cake of the bunch.
And apparently, the tastiest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...