Monday, January 18, 2010

Grace and the crayons

Grace was sitting at the kitchen counter concentrating very hard.
I asked her what she was doing.
She replied by saying "I tate duh pay-poors off my tay-yons."  (I take the papers off my crayons.)
My next question was, "Why are you taking the papers off your crayons."  She responded quickly with, "I ont yike duh pay-poors on my tay-yons."  (I don't like the papers on my crayons.)   Mmm.  Okay.
Grace was very persistent, patient, and organized.  She lined up all her crayons with its paper still on.
Then as she diligently removed the paper from each crayon, she neatly piled all the scraps together.
And eventually, all the crayons met her level of expectation and she was able to color again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...