Tuesday, January 26, 2010

OB Checkup

This morning I had a scheduled checkup with my OB while Grace was in school.  That made it much easier since I didn't have to worry about her exploring the doctor's tools while I was being examined.  Anyway, I have gained 1 1/2 pounds since my last checkup.  I was shocked by that because I look like I've gained 10 or more pounds!  I'll post a belly bump picture soon. 

We heard the baby's heartbeat and it was steady and strong.  I asked the doctor if he would consider that fast or slow and he said, "It is definitely slow."  And he went on to say that the old wives tale in the South says that it the baby's heartbeat is fast then it's a girl and if it's slow then it's a boy.  But in other places like California, it's the direct opposite:  if it's fast then it's a boy and if it's slow then it's a girl.  He also said that it's right about 50% of the time.  So maybe we're having a boy.  There's a 50% chance!

Hmmm.  I remember being pregnant with Grace and that pregnancy was completely different from this one.  I don't remember having crazy pregnant dreams like I do now.  Or getting sick - and I mean REALLY sick - like puking in the shower, throwing up after meals, and waking up in the middle of the night to dry heave for half an hour at a time - like this pregnancy.  Also when I was pregnant with Grace, her heartbeat was very fast.  So maybe we really are having a boy.

My ultrasound is schedule for February 23, but we aren't finding out what it is then.  We've decided to wait until the baby's born... 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...