Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My pregnancy this week

Today I had another OB appointment and my ultrasound.
I gained 2 pounds since my last visit 4 weeks ago giving me a total of 5 1/2 pounds so far this pregnancy. 
My belly, however, looks like I ate a 20 pound watermelon.
Here is a picture of Baby Cathey.  Please ignore the stretch marks.  While they may appear gross to some, they are marks of valor from having Grace.
Here's a head and belly shot of Baby.  Baby's heartbeat was a strong and solid 136 beats per minute.  In contrast, Grace had a heartbeat of 158 beats per minute at this stage.
Here is a leg shot of Baby.  Not sure why they included this one, but that's a mighty fine looking leg. 

According to our ultrasound technician, Baby looks very healthy and strong.  We saw squiggly lines inside his/her head that we were told is different parts of the brain.  Baby has a heart with all 4 quadrants that works just like it is supposed to.  And we also saw Baby's stomach, bladder, and kidneys.  And thankfully everything is where it is supposed to be. 

Baby was really active during his/her ultrasound so it was hard to get steady photos.  At one point during the ultrasound he/she stretched with one arm over his/her head and stretched his/her legs out straight and then curled his/her back into something resembling a backbend.  David asked the technician if that was normal because it looked painful to us.  Her reply was yes, Baby was just stretching.

We are so thankful that Baby is doing so well.  They did not tell us how much he/she weighs or how long he/she is, so I don't know if Baby is going to be bigger than Grace or not.  From what I hear though, the second child is usually bigger than the first... And yes, we are still waiting to be surprised by Baby's gender.  We'll let everyone know in July when Baby is finally born. 

My next appointment is in 4 weeks on March 23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...