Friday, February 19, 2010

Our little Picasso

I bought some 11x14 canvas and water-based fingerpaint at Michaels last week (using a coupon, of course!) and decided to let Grace paint today.  So we headed outside and got to work.
I poured some paint on an old bag and told her to use her fingers.
She took me literally and painted one fingerprint at a time.
I told her she could use her whole hand.  So she then made handprints.
And then she made some more fingerprints.
She wasn't too certain about getting her hands dirty.
She kept showing me her "peent" (pink) hands. 
Then she licked the paint.  sigh.  Thank goodness it's non-toxic!  Why, oh why, does she like to taste everything?!?
Then her nose itched so she used the back of her hand to scratch it.  She didn't want to get her face dirty.   And then she asked me to "statch it" (scratch it) for her because it still itched.
Finally, she got back to work.
And slowly she became less worried about getting dirty.
And finally she really started having fun.
She worked on her first painting for almost 20 minutes before completing it.
Here it is in all its glory!
Then she said, "I need uh-nubber one."  (I need another one.)
She experimented with different techniques on this one.
Hmm.  How interesting.  Maybe I'll paint my hand and then paint the canvas.
Make sure there's plenty of paint on my arm.
And spread it around on my other hand, too.
Let's see.  Is that enought paint?
Yeah, I think so.  So she went back to work.
And then she tells me, "All dun!  I need mohr!"  (All done!  I need more!)
And back to work she went.
Soon she had finished that one, too.

Here are all three of her masterpieces. 
After an hour and a half of slaving away in the warm sun, my little Picasso was tired yet immensely satisfied with her work.  So we headed inside to clean up and put her showpieces on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...