Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My pregnancy this month

Today I had another OB appointment.  I gained 5 pounds since my last appointment 4 weeks ago.  No surprise there, this was the first month where I actually had an appetite and didn't get sick after eating a meal.  I have gained a total of 10 1/2 pounds so far this pregnancy.  Already I look like I've swallowed a watermelon whole. 

And people have started asking me if I'm having twins.  Of course, they asked that when I was pregnant with Grace, too.  My nurse with Grace, was positive Grace was going to be well over 10 pounds and I must have had gestational diabetes.  Neither happened.  I gained 35 pounds - mostly in my stomach - never had gestational diabetes and Grace was born weighing only 7 pounds 6 ounces.  Little Indy is taking after his/her big sister.  It's amazing how big my stomach will get by the time Indy is born.  No wonder I have stretch marks...
Anyway, on my with doctor visit.  My blood pressure was 100 over 65.  The nurse said that was fantastic blood pressure.  What can I say?  It's a breeze going to the doctor by myself.   If I had Grace with me my blood pressure would probably be something like 160 over 90. 

Little Indy is doing great.  For those of you who don't know, we've been calling the baby "Little Indy" as a nickname - not his/her real name.  We picked Little Indy for a nickname because my original due date was July 4, aka Independence Day.  It makes the baby seem more real to us when we call him/her something other than "it." 

Little Indy is growing right on schedule according to my belly's measurements.  (And yes, my belly is huge, but not any larger than expected.  Pretty incredible, huh?)   Indy's heartbeat is steady and strong.  And Little Indy should be able to hear us now.  Isn't that amazing?  Indy should be able to hear Grace's bedtime stories, too.  His/her eyebrows are starting to grow in, as well.  Of course, if he/she looks like Grace we won't be able to see eyebrows even after Indy turns 2...

My next OB appointment is scheduled for April 20 at 9:10am.  That's going to be a long appointment since they will do the gestational diabetes test.  I remember that yucky orange goop I had to swallow and then wait 1 hour for the blood test.  I'll be sure to bring my iPod to that appointment.

Oh.  And as for Little Indy's real name, we've got a couple of ideas for both boy names and girl names.  But we haven't made any final decisions yet.  We are still taking baby name suggestions under consideration, so if you have any suggestions please send them this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...