Thursday, March 4, 2010

Time to dust off my sewing skills

I have been thinking about recovering the desk chair in Grace's room for some time now. 

Her chair has a nice shape and is comfortable, the cover is just really natty and covered in paint stains (from me, not her - when I painted and painted our house in Omaha).  After searching for a long time, I finally found the perfect fabric for her chair.   
I love the pink and greens in this striped upholstery fabric.  The creamy yellow is the same color of the walls in Grace's room.  I think it's girly and fun, but not toddler-ish.  I don't think Grace will outgrow it too soon.  Best of all, it was on clearance!  So I bought enough to cover her desk chair and extra to maybe recover my glider for the new baby.  Or maybe I'll make some throw pillows for her bed.  I actually have enough to do both.  Anyway while shopping at the fabric store, I also found this fabric.
I really like this pattern and it has the same colors as the striped fabric.  So I bought it, too!  I am going to make a quilt for Grace out of it.
I took the extra vanity area off our bedroom and turned it into my sewing and crafting niche.  I am so excited to dust off my sewing skills that I can hardly wait to get started! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...