Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bringing new life to old frames

While in Charlotte my mother-in-law and I went to a garage sale and found this beautiful mirror for only $5!

After I got it home, I covered the mirror with paper and used a little spray paint to give it new life.

Then David and I hung it in Grace's room next to her bed.
And Hope brought me this old frame when she came by to visit.
It too received a good sanding and a fresh coat of paint.  And I was finally able to frame the artwork that David and I bought on our  last cruise.  I adore this piece!  It is a limited edition color lithograph on Unryu-shi paper titled "Tarlatans" by Douglas Hoffman.  I love his work!  After giving life to the old frame and providing a home to this treasured piece of art, we finally hung it over Grace's bed.
 And here is a picture of her room with her mirror to the right of the bed and the framed art above it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...