Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nesting

It's official.  I've started that "nesting" stage of pregnancy.  Quite a bit early actually, but I have a feeling it's here to stay so I'm making the most of it.  That explains why I haven't been posting as often as usual.  But my house is clean and smells great!  Laundry is caught up.  The floors are spotless.  I've steam cleaned our carpets.  Twice.  Even dusted the baseboards.  But most importantly, I've got the nursery ready. 

David is so smart and understanding.  He knew I really wanted to get our desk out of what was previously our office and move it upstairs to our bedroom.  So what did he do?  He didn't argue with me, just made me promise not to overdo it, and then helped me carry it up the stairs.  What a wonderful husband.  He knows my hormones are completely out of wack and I make no sense now so he just rolls with it.  Everyday I fall more in love with him.

So the desk is now in our bedroom and I've got the crib put together complete with Grace's old bedding.  I love it.  I also took the bookshelf that was at the entrance to the room and moved it by the window.  Then I took all the books off and put those in the top of the closet so I can use the bookshelf for baby stuff.  Stuff like onesies and diapers and burp cloths.  And I've moved the glider into Little Indy's new room.  It looks great. 

And since we now have a desk with computer in our bedroom I had to move my dresser to make room for it.  So I went through everything in my closet and decided to toss quite a bit.  Mostly with clothes that I never wear for various reasons.  Reasons like blouses too tight in my chest or blouses too short because of my ever expanding chest.  Shoes that don't fit because my feet have grown again.  25 pairs of shoes I'm parting with.  Wow.  But now that my closet is nearly empty, I was able to move my dresser into the closet freeing up floorspace for the desk.  I have to admit I really like the new floorplan.  Plus David was able to hook our computer up to our nice big flat panel TV.  Now we can watch our instant Netflix movies on our TV.  I'm really loving that.  Did I mention how wonderful and understanding my husband is?  He is the best.

Now the house is ready for Baby and we are ready for our trip to Charlotte.  David's upcoming surgery is the real reason I started nesting early.  He won't be able to pick anything more than 5 pounds for 6 weeks following his surgery, so we needed to get as much done prior to the surgery as we could.  I'm so happy that we finished everything on our list.  So now we are getting ready to drive up to Charlotte.  David's surgery is scheduled for Thursday May 6.  Please keep us in your prayers this week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...