Friday, May 28, 2010

There's a first time for everything

Grace's typical bath time routine involves either me or David filling Grace's bathtub up with warm water, adding plenty of bubbles, and tossing in several toys for her to play with.  Then we put Grace in the tub, bathe her, and finally turn the water off before the tub overflows.  Since the tub is off the kitchen, I sometimes leave her to play while I clean up dinner.  She's such a noisy bather often singing songs like "Woe, Woe, Woe, A Boat" (Row, Row, Row Your Boat) or "Spongebob Stare Pans" (Spongebob Squarepants) at the top of her lungs that I don't worry about her playing in the tub alone.  Of course, I check on her often in spite of being able to hear her.

Well, earlier tonight Grace was playing in the tub and David and I were sitting together in the kitchen chatting when Grace got real quiet.  Then we heard her running down the hallway to her room.  I went to check on her when she slammed the door shut, leaned against it and said, "I not weddy for you yet, Momma!"  (I'm not ready for you yet, Momma!)  I responded by telling her I needed to dry her off with a towel  and put her pajamas on so she wouldn't get cold.  Her response was, "Dare's poo-poos in my baff tub!"  (There's poo-poo in my bathtub!)  
So I checked the bathroom and saw all of her bath toys lined up neatly on the side of the tub.  Not unusual for her.  She typically does that before getting out of the tub.  Then I leaned closer,and sure enough there were poo-poos in the bathtub.  Oh my.
So I grabbed Grace and took her upstairs to our bathroom and showered her off (her third bath of the day).  When I was finished cleaning her up I headed back downstairs to scrub her tub clean (for the second time today).  While cleaning we noticed poo-poos on some of her toys.  Gross!  She must have been playing with the poo-poo!  So I threw all the toys away.  

Now could someone please explain to me why she will poo-poo in her bathtub while she is in it and not poo-poo in the potty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...