Thursday, May 6, 2010

Transplant Surgery

I just wanted to post a quick update on David and his dad, Bud.  David, Bud, Helen, and I arrived at the hospital around 5:15 (Eastern Time) this morning.  Then a nurse took David and his father back to the pre-op room to prep for their surgeries.  Then Helen, Jennifer (David's sister), and I were able to go back and visit with David and Bud for a while.  During that time we met with the surgical staff and really feel confident in them.

Then at 7:25 (again, Eastern Time) David was wheeled back to the operating room.  Watching him go was much harder than I expected, but I have peace since I know that David is in God's hands.  I've done alot of praying for David and Bud - especially in the last few days.  And I know that there are many other people who love them both and are praying for them as well. 

We stayed with David's dad for another hour until they wheeled him back at 8:25.  After that we headed back to the family waiting room and was told that David's surgery began at 8:11 and we were just informed that Bud's surgery started at 9:11. 
At 10:02 we were informed that the kidney was out of David and on its way into Bud. A few minutes later, we spoke to David's surgeon and he told us that David came through the surgery very well and that they were waking him up. He'll be in his recovery room for a while and then they'll move him to a private room around 12:30 (Eastern Time) and we'll be able to visit with him then.

Both surgeries are going faster than expected which we are taking as a good sign. David was finished almost an hour early.  His surgeon, Dr Kercher also took pictures for us.  He must have known how much I love pictures!   I'll upload them when I have a chance.  In the meantime, Bud is still in surgery but we should hear more soon.
Thank you all for your continuing prayers and concern. God has heard each one of them and I know that He is looking over both David and Bud today. We are so thankful that everything is going as well as it is and we are continuing to pray for both David and Bud to recovery as quickly and painlessly as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Still praying for you guys. If you guys need anything, let Melissa or I know.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...