Saturday, May 29, 2010

Potty training. Success?

After coming home from our trip to Charlotte, we've really been working hard on potty training with Grace.  I would really like to have her completely trained before the baby is born.  So I came up with the bright idea of offering Grace "a really big surprise!" if Grace would tee-tee in the potty.  She got pretty excited about her "pies" (surprise) and sat on the potty willingly this morning.  Much to my amazement, she tee-teed like a pro.
So I gave her one Hersey kiss (candy that I bought on clearance the day after Easter and saved just for potty training) and it worked!  She was so excited about her "big pies" (big surprise) that an hour later she announced to me and David, "I need to tee-tee in duh pah-ee."  (I need to tee-tee in the potty).  So we rushed her to the potty and sure enough she tee-teed in the potty again.  Of course we made a big to-do about it and gave her another "big surprise."  
Not an hour later, she needed to go again.  So far today, she has tee-teed in the potty SEVEN times and not once in her diaper!  We are so excited we can barely stand it!  Now if we could just get her to poo-poo in the potty...maybe we should offer her TWO big surprises for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...