Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My pregnancy this week

Today I went back to my OB for another appointment.  I gained another 2 pounds giving me a total of 16 1/2 pounds so far.  I feel like I've gained 50 though.  My blood pressure was 110 over 70.  Baby Indy is doing great and still measuring 2 1/2 weeks early.  According to online research, billions of neurons are developing in his/her brain, he/she can follow a light shined on my belly, and he/she is starting to lose that alien look.  It's so amazing to me!

During our visit, my doctor surprised me by asking me how I felt about being induced.   He doesn't want me to deliver a 9-10 pound baby since I had such a rough delivery with Grace and she was only 7 pounds 6 ounces.  Sounds great to me!  I love the idea of being induced!  I'm a total planner and having it scheduled on the calendar would allow David's family to make it here in time for the delivery.  All pros and no cons as far as I'm concerned.  So the good doctor said he'll check my cervix in 4 weeks on the 29th of June.  If my cervix is "ripe" (like a banana or something?) he'll schedule an induction.  

In the meantime, my next appointment is scheduled in 2 weeks (June 15) when I get all the fabulous pre-admission paperwork to fill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...