Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wet 'n' Wild Wednesday

Today we went back to the park for another Wet 'n' Wild Wednesday.
 The first thing we did was run over to the firetruck.
The fireman was nice enough to let Grace climb inside and pretend to drive.  She loved that!
Then Grace decided to play in the dirt.
After that she headed over to the nearest mud puddle to clean up.  
 I finally convinced her to play in the kiddie pool but all she wanted to do was get me wet!
 I went to the other side of the pool but that didn't deter my little girl!
Then we heard the firetruck crank up.  I told her it was getting ready to leave and she took off running towards it!  I was scared it was going to run over her but it just pulled up a few feet and then stopped.  I finally caught up to Grace when she stopped about 20 feet away as the fireman climbed out of the truck.  
Grace really surprised me when she put her hand to her mouth and said, "Stuze me!  Stuze me!  Can I get in duh fire cuck?"  (Excuse me!  Excuse me!  Can I get in the firetruck?)  Of course the fireman couldn't hear her over the engine and from that distance.
Then the fireman turned the spigot on and showered the kids with water.  I couldn't believe how how it went!

Grace loved it!
Soon kids from all over the park swarmed over.
But the stream of water went so high and far out that Grace still managed to get drenched.
 Eventually all the other kids went back to the slides and the nice fireman turned the water down just for Grace.
And Grace thoroughly enjoyed that!   What a great way to spend a sunny Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...