Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My pregnancy this week

Today I had another appointment with my OB.  I gained 2 more pounds in the last 2 weeks giving me a total of 18 1/2 pounds.  My blood pressure was 100 over 70.  And my belly is still measuring 2 1/2 weeks further along than my due date says I am.

My OB and I discussed my labor plan.  Labor plan?  What's that?  Seriously, I figure the baby is going to come when the baby wants to come regardless of what I have planned unless of course my OB gives in and induces me...  So I told him I am very allergic to pain and needed an epidural as soon as I arrive at the hospital.  I want, no I need, the maximum amount of drugs available.  He just laughed and said that he would do his best.

Then he reminded me to make sure I get to the hospital as soon as I have contractions 6-7 minutes apart and to not wait any longer than that since this is our second baby.   Um, I'm planning on being induced so hopefully it won't come to that.  Next, he asked how long I labored with Grace and I told him it was about 18 hours or so.  Honestly, I don't remember how long it took.  It seemed agonizingly long until I got my epidural.  Then it was smooth sailing.  I even remember napping a bit...    Based on my 18 hour answer, he thinks I'll only labor for 7-8 hours this go round.  We'll see about that.  

Then my OB gave me some pre-admission paperwork to fill out and send in to the hospital and told me that he would see me again in 2 weeks.  At that appointment he will check my cervix to see how things are moving along down there and we will discuss induction options at that time.  My appointment is scheduled for July 29 at 10:45.  I definitely want to be induced.  I'm pretty much guaranteed an epidural then...

Only a few more weeks to go until our newest addition arrives.  I'm very excited and nesting like crazy.  Today after we got home I cleaned and reorganized our laundry room and attic.  Who needs a clean attic?  Sigh. Nesting is illogical and exhaustingBut pretty gratifying, too.  I won't need to clean at all once the baby's born if I keep up this pace.  Tomorrow I plan on tackling David's closet.  I would have done that today but I ran out of energy before I got around to it.  And I still want to clean out the clutter in the garage, but it's been too hot to do that.  So I suppose I'll start dusting baseboards again...

In the meantime my stomach is ginormous!  I'm starting to wonder if I can actually go another few weeks without my stomach splitting wide open.  My stretch marks are continuing to climb up my belly and my skin is so tight that I feel like it will rupture if I laugh too hard...  And I'm really starting to look worn out.   Just look at this picture!  All my cleaning and sleepless nights (from getting up 3 times to go pee), not to mention chasing after a 2 year old, are really starting to take its toll, but I just can't seem to stop and relax...
How's Baby developing?
Baby should weigh about 4 3/4 pounds now (roughly the size of an average cantaloupe)  He/she now has nails covering the tips of his/her finger and toes.  Most of Baby's physical development is complete and his/her lungs are just about completely developed... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...