Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dressing up an old dresser

This is an old dresser that I found at a garage sale (only $35) in Omaha roughly 2 years ago.
It's functional if not very pretty.  And since we didn't have a good sized dresser for the baby's room, I decided to give this one a facelift.
After using two cans of spray paint and some green glass knobs that I found on clearance at TJ Maxx (who knew glass knobs were so expensive?  I priced some at Home Depot for $8-$15 each before deciding to just reuse the original wooden ones.  But then I found these green glass ones for a buck a piece and just couldn't resist them since the nursery is cream, yellow, and green...), here is the final result.  

Please ignore the splotchy-looking paint job.  I took this picture 1 hour after painting since the paint was dry to the touch.  It won't be 100% dry until 24 hours after painting.  From my past experiences with spray paint, the overall color and sheen will be more uniform after it's fully dry... 

All in all, I'm very pleased with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...