Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My pregnancy this week

This morning I had yet another OB appointment.  I gained another 2 pounds over the last 2 weeks giving me a total weight gain of 20 1/2 pounds.  My blood pressure was 120 over 70.  Baby was very active as usual.
My doctor examined me and said that Baby has dropped, I am dilated to 1 1/2 centimeters and 20% effaced.  Then we talked induction and he scheduled me to be induced on July 20 If I make it that long.  He did say that there is a very good chance that I go early.  Now it's just a waiting game I suppose.  Baby will be here before we know it.  My next appointment is scheduled for Friday, July 9.

In the meantime I have 1 pair of capris and 2 shirts that still fit.  All my other maternity tops don't cover my belly and my other shorts and capris won't stay pulled up over my tummy.  And it's just too hot to wear maternity jeans.  I do have several summer dresses that still fit, thank goodness!  For some reason though I don't like wearing dresses to my appointments...so for the rest of my OB appointment pictures you'll see me wearing the same old clothes over and over again.  :)

I think it's pretty obvious that my stomach is much larger this time than it was with Grace.   All those new stretch marks are evidence of that.  So now I'd like to start taking guesses on how big this baby will be and when he/she will be born.  I'll post everyone's guesses next week and we'll see who's right after Baby is born.  Fair warning:  David guessed Grace's birthday and birth weight exactly right!  It'll be interesting to see who's the closest this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...