Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vintage finds

While Grace and I were at the thrift store yesterday, we stumbled upon some other great finds!
This is a lovely Fire King cup and saucer set in the Jane Ray style made by Anchor Hocking in the mid-to-late 1940s.  It is made of green milk glass more commonly known as jadite.  I adore jadite.  Jadite has become very popular and somewhat expensive depending upon the pieces you have.  I found this at the bargain price of $3.  I love a great deal!
I also found this jadite mug.  It too was made by Anchor Hocking as part of the Fire King line.  This mug is made of the thicker glass known as restaurant ware.  It's also pretty collectible.  I got a bargain at only $2.
And finally this piece is white milk glass also part of the Fire King line from Anchor Hocking.  I think it is considered a French casserole dish but it might be a custard bowl with a handle.  It's only 7 inches long, but still beautiful!  It was another bargain at only $1. 
I think Grace may take after her Momma.  She really likes the jadite coffee mug.
She's been pretending to "dink toffee" (drink coffee) all morning.  Just like her Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...