Friday, February 18, 2011

A craft caddy and a craft station

There's a fabulous flea market in my area that I go to just about every week and I almost always walk away with at least one marvelous find.
 This week I found this darling little basket.  For only ONE dollar!
And all of these mason mugs for just a quarter each.  But I'm not using them to can (although I plan to attempt that this summer) or to drink from...  But now that I think about it, I bet Grace would like to use these mugs.  Maybe I should get some "normal" mason jars and let her have these mugs...
In the meantime, I'm using my mugs to hold Grace's craft supplies.  Now we have a practical craft caddy just her size.  It's the perfect way to keep all our pencils, and paint brushes, and scissors in easy reach.  And here's a great spot to keep it.
This was an old cabinet that I pulled out of storage this week just for this.  I gave it a fresh coat of paint and an enamel coating.  It was old and banged up before.  Now it's gorgeous with new purpose - Grace's craft station.
In top drawer I put our paint, paper, foam (I love foam - more about that later), sandpaper, stapler, etc.  And in the bottom drawer I put all of Grace's playdoh, her toy sandbox, and craft mats.  The best part?  It's all within Grace's reach now.  If she wants to work with playdoh, all she has to do is pull it out.  Ready to color and cut?  Same thing.  She can just grab her little craft caddy, get some paper from the top drawer, and head over to the kitchen counter to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...