Friday, February 25, 2011

Garage sale find of the week: Vintage fabric and vintage sewing patterns

Faith and I went to a garage sale today and this is what we walked away with.
Tons of fabric and patterns!  The gentleman holding the garage sale was doing so for his mother who has given up sewing.  He wanted 50 cents for each piece of fabric and each pattern.  Rather than sort through everything I asked if he would be willing to sell the whole lot.  And he offered it all for $5!  (A much better deal than buying pieces individually!)  So I snatched it all up.  The whole lot comprised of 4 garbage bags full of fabric and 1 garbage bag full of patterns. 
After I got home I sorted through it all and found this vintage fabric that I think will make a gorgeous skirt for me... I also found several yards of eyelet, seersucker, and even dark wash denim. 
 But best of all there were 26 patterns for children. 
In all sizes from 1 and up.  And these must be vintage - most are marked at 55 cents!  And you know vintage is so stylish now!
In addition to the children's patterns, there were 51patterns for women:  shorts, blouses, dresses, and skirts.  Even one for purses and handbags!  I must admit that I probably won't ever use some of the fabric or patterns, but there's so much left that I will use that I just don't know where to start.  I have enough in this stash alone to last months of continuous sewing.  Now I just need to figure out how to actually use a pattern...  and maybe make a quilt or ten...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...