Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bon Voyage!

Good morning all!   Grace and Chloe are at Queenie's house so David and I are able to sleep in this morning.  Actually,  David is sleeping next to me, so I'm trying to be quiet as possible while I click and type away.  I, however, am too used to waking up with Grace around 7:30 to sleep in any longer.  That, and I'm so excited!

At 12:30 this afternoon, David and I will be boarding the Carnival Holiday for a 5 day romantic getaway! 

After we finish sleeping in, we'll get up and eat some breakfast, shower, and pack!  Can you imagine?  We will start boarding in less than 4 hours from now and we haven't even packed our clothes yet!  Of course, we only live 10 minutes from the cruise terminal so there's really no rush.  No flights to catch.  No worries about where to go or getting lost.  Just hop in the car and drive across the bay and climb aboard the cruise ship! 

So for the next five glorious days we will be lounging by the pool, soaking up the sun rays,  and eating fabulous meals that didn't require me slaving over a hot stove for hours on end.  I like to pretend that I really slave over a hot stove for hours.  I do spend hours chasing a two year old, though.  We can sleep in until noon everyday, order room service, and have someone else pick up our wet towels.  David really does a great job of picking up his own towel, but again, I can pretend, right?  Our afternoons will consist of us snorkeling and exploring foreign ports of call.  I can work on the little Spanish I know "Hola, mi nombre es  Charity.  Donde está el cuarto de baño."    That means "Hello, my name is Charity.  Where is the bathroom."

Most of all I am looking forward to the utter and complete lack of schedule.  We can do whatever we want whenever we want.  Ice cream for dinner?  No problem.  Pilates at 8am.  Sure, go ahead.  We can live on the wild side and go swimming after 9pm.  Our pool closes at 9pm.  There's armed guards who perform nightly surveillance.  They forcefully remove you from the pool area promptly at 9:01.  Just kidding.  They really do lock the pool at 9:00 on the dot with big heavy locks and move all the pool furniture away from the gates removing any chance of anyone climbing over the fence.   


I'm looking forward to our relaxing Holiday (pun intended).  So Bon Voyage, y'all.  I'll catch everyone up on our fabulous trip next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...