Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tick-uh-teat!

Aunt Hope drove down and met us in time to go trick-or-treating.

Grace wanted "her" Hope to walk up to the door with her.

At first no one came to the door, so Grace tried to open it herself.  We tried to get her to leave and go to the next house, but she wouldn't budge.  sigh.  She kept saying "Tick-uh-teat!   Tick-uh-teat!"  to the door until someone finally came and gave her a treat.

Then she calmly took Hope's hand and said "I wun mohr house!"
At the next house she was even more eager for her treat.

Grace had a full bucket by the time we finished the block.

She was so excited that her feet got ahead of her and she fell.    That's when we knew it was time to go. 

And there was an almost full moon out. When we got home I took her pumpkin away  so I could hide the candy.  She immediately started crying "I wun pun-kin!  I wun pun-kin!"

So I put one lollipop in it and gave it back.  Much to my surprise, the tears stopped and she said "Tank ewe, Momma." (Thank you, Momma).  I'm hoping she forgets about all the candy she collected.  Even if she does, she'll probably want to practice "tick-uh-teating" some more.

Maybe I should hide the pumpkin after she goes to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...