Monday, December 5, 2011

Faith, too, is following in my shoes

Not to be outdone by her big sister, Faith grabbed my shoes as soon as Grace stepped out of them.
Faith has more than a minor obsession with shoes.  She's majorly obsessed.  Especially with David.  She is forever picking up his shoes and toting them over to him and then trying to put them on his feet.  And she usually keeps it up until David caves in and puts them on.
Actually, Faith seems to think that everyone should always have a pair of shoes on.
In fact, my baby often falls asleep before I even attempt to remove them from her feet.  The howling and screeching just isn't worth making her go barefoot.
As much as she loves wearing her shoes, she really seems to get the most pleasure from wearing either mine or David's shoes.  Most often it's my shoes, or even Grace's shoes, probably because David's shoes are so big and too heavy for her to actually walk in.
And while watching both my girls walk around in my heels today reminds me that both Faith and Grace are watching every little thing I do.  So too, are they watching David and everyone else around them.  They learn more from our actions than they ever will from our words.  It is my hope that David and I will be parents that show them extraordinary amounts of love and understanding.  That they will follow in our footsteps and come to know Christ as their Savior.  That they will walk daily with Him.  And that they know that they have two parents who are so proud of them and love them so much that it's more than our hearts can hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...