Friday, April 2, 2010

Bubbles and birds

This afternoon we went to the pier to try our luck at fishing.
Grace and I just hung out for a while as David fished.
Soon Grace started getting antsy so I told her I brought her a surprise.
Bubbles!
Grace blew her bubbles and watched them land in the water for the "fishies."
And I enjoyed the sunset while David tried to catch some fish.  He caught a few but no keepers.
Then as we were walking home, we noticed this little guy. 
The pictures are a little grainy and dark, but I didn't want my flash to scare him away.
He's gorgeous.  I'm not certain what type of bird he is, maybe a warbler?  I need to look him up.  In the meantime,  I've decided to keep a photojournal of all the wildlife we find.  Last year we saw bay otters, alligators, cranes, and gulls to name a few.  Who knows what we will see this year? 
Finally our little friend flew off and I took one last picture of the sunset before heading home.  It was quite a beautiful and relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...