Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My pregnancy this week

My belly is really growing!
I had another OB appointment today.  I gained 3 pounds since my last appointment 4 weeks ago for a total of 13 1/2 pounds so far.  My blood pressure was 108 over 68.  I had to do the glucose test to check for gestational diabetes today and did not know I wasn't supposed to eat just before my appointment.  I was starving when I woke up so I ate a bowl of granola cereal minutes before heading to my appointment.  Needless to say, my blood sugar was high - actually it was reading borderline gestational diabetic.  So I get to go back to the doctor one week from today for another reading.  My doctor doesn't think I have it but he wants to double check it to be sure. 

Baby is doing well although my belly is measuring 2 1/2 weeks further along than I actually am.  No surprise there.  Just look at the size of my belly - it's huge!  Some interesting things to note:  Little Indy has taste buds now and can taste what I eat.  Time to load up on the broccoli.  Indy should have hair with color and texture now.  Although Grace didn't have any until she was 2.  Baby fat is starting to grow under the skin.  Baby can open and blink his/her eyes and he/she can get the hiccups.  It's amazing how much growing they do in such a short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...