Monday, April 5, 2010

A family treasure gets a face lift

This is Grace's desk.
She calls it her "boo tare" (blue chair).
As you can image, it's quite an old desk.  In fact, I remember playing on it when I was a little girl.
After a half hour of sanding (using an electric sander, of course), two cans of red enamel spray paint, a warm sunny day outside, a painter's mask (remember I'm pregnant folks, and didn't want to chance harming the baby.  So yes, I wore the silly looking painter's mask while painting outdoors for all the neighbors to see), and a lot of patience while waiting for the paint to dry, Grace's favorite "boo" (blue) chair is now a bright and cheerful red. 

When Grace first saw it, she said, "Oh my boo tare!  What happen to my boo tare?"  (Oh my blue chair!  What happened to my blue chair?)  Uh-oh.  My heart plummetted to my stomach as I told her I painted it for her.  Then she said, "Oh it's boo-full, Momma!  I yub it!"  (Oh, it's beautiful, Momma!  I love it!)  Whew!  For a minute there, I thought I was going to have to buy some blue paint and start all over again.  Thankfully she loves it and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...