Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last day of school

Today was Grace's last day of school for a while. 
Lately she hasn't been wanting to come home from school when I arrive to pick her up.  She keeps saying, "I don wan to go home now.  I jus wan to stay at stool!"  (I don't want to go home now.  I just want to stay at school!)  I have to admit it kinda hurts my feelings, but at the same time I'm really glad that she enjoys school and learning as much as she does.  And it's great for her to get regular interaction with other children her age.
I think she really has benefited quite a bit from being in this particular school.  I love the way everything in the classrooms are at her level.  Each child gets a lot of one-on-one time with the teachers. There is a 6 to 1 student teacher ratio at her school.  And each child progresses at his or her own pace.  They are taught to be self suffient along with manners.  They have regular storytime and naptimes, individual learning time called "work" and one-on-one lessons with the teacher.   It's amazing what all Grace has learned in the short time she has been attending.  Her vocabulary has grown to impressive levels and she can say all of her ABCs. 
After the baby is born we plan to let Grace re-enter school again.  I'm certain Grace will miss it in the meantime, but with all that is going on now it just makes sense to take her out for a while.  And I have to admit that I'm looking forward to spending more time with just her before the baby comes.   Montessori schools, we are going to miss you but will see you again this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...